Sunday, August 5, 2012

Crate Seats for the Classroom- Project 3

Crate Seats for the Classroom


I purchased my lime green and purple crates at Walmart and the teal crate at Target.

I purchased MDF wood for the crate seats.  You can find some that are cut down to a smaller size.  It took two of these at $8.57 each to make my three seats.  Again, I bought these items at Home Depot.
I suggest you take your crates in to get measured.  The gentleman who helped me measured mine to fit knowing that I would add fabric and padding. 

Items You Need:

1.  Crate
2.  Fabric
3.  Square foam - I found mine at Hobby Lobby for $4.99 a square.  The square just about fit my seat.  I had to cut some excess off, but I used it elsewhere on the seat and it worked perfect.
4.  Dremmel - My crates had a rounded corner.  I used the dremmel to round the corners of my wood.
5.  Ribbon (your handle)
6.  Staple gun

5 minute project!!


To see more images and instructions for the computer tables that I built click on the image below.

No comments:

Post a Comment